Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Not all that glitters....

Not all that glitters is gold
Not all who smiles are friends

Girlfriend, we have something we need to talk about.
i know you just met me.
But i've let you speak into my life
i've taken your opinion of what i should do
what i should think
what i should say
and i've just met you.
In my own mind, you have more answers than me
you understand the situation better than i do
you know more than me
i can't trust my opinion
because i can't be right
i know you just met me
but for a while now, i've let you rule my life

I've run into you before
sowing seeds of doubt to get me to question
question the unquestionable
question the constant
question the love
my man
offers
ME

I've run into you before
who wants to dictate
and destroy
something I have that you do not.

A wise queen would not let a cook run her country
A wise queen would not offer her position to a cloaked stranger
A wise queen only takes council from trusted, known sources
Not cries in the dark
Nor whisperers
Nor doubtsowers

She trusts Herself
And so I take charge

So, we will still laugh
We will still have good times
We will still hang
But now I will make my decisions
Not based on you

Because I don't know you.
I refuse to give up my control to a stranger
Because now I have to be a woman, queen of my own mind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home